Some Kind of Resistance Tour, 2017
On tour, I’ll be:
- reading from my queer-as-fuck novel Riding SideSaddle*, while being a loud and vocal trans woman.
- speaking about empathy in art and code and software.
- chatting about queer identities, hate, politics, and intersectionality.
- hugging people.
I’m not changing the world here, there’s more to do, but it feels like a nice way to get started, find my energy, and find my people.
The schedule so far…
- 1/12 in New York, NY (talk)
"Code Patterns for Pattern Making" at Gotham Sass
7pm @ 127 West 26th Street, 2nd floor (Signpost)
- 1/13 in Brooklyn, NY (reading)
The Operating System
7:30pm @ 141 Spencer St #203
- 1/15 in Washington, DC (reading)
in your ear with Valerie Hsiung
3pm @ DC Arts Center
- 1/16 in Philadelphia, PA (reading)
Wooden Shoe Books details TBA
7pm @ 704 South Street
- 1/17 in Baltimore, MD (hangin’)
Hit me up, yeah?
- 1/18 in Silver Spring, MD (reading)
At a house, somewhere.
- 1/19 in Fredrick, MD (reading)
Small Rain #2 with Aaron Angello
7pm @ 415 Biggs Avenue, First Floor
- 1/20 in Washington, DC (avoidance)
Don’t get out of bed. Don’t turn on a TV.
- 1/21 in Washington, DC (protest)
Protest against bigotry in government.
- 1/23 in Charlottesville, VA (talk)
"A Practical Guide to Losing Control" at UVA Scholars’ Lab
- 1/23 in Charlottesville, VA (reading)
Any profits will go to one of these rad organizations committed to empowering women, people of color, immigrants, queers, Muslims, and disabled people — or fighting climate change. If you have a specific organization to recommend, I’m all ears.
Related ‘riding sidesaddle*’ Articles
This month’s Denver Quarterly features side-by-side excerpts from my novel, Riding SideSaddle*, and the Buntport play 10 Myths on the Proper Application of Beauty Products which was based on it.
An award I’m happy to share with my amazing collaborators in Buntport Theater & Teacup Gorilla.
I’m excited to be part of Buntport Theater’s 40th original full-length production — based on my novel, Riding SideSaddle*, and featuring a live score by Teacup Gorilla. It’s been a wild month pulling it all together!Read the script »
An interview with the insightful Ryo Yamaguchi at Michigan Quarterly Review.
Join us for the official release of my first novel — with live music and special guests!