Pity+Fear in an intimate and darkly comic attempt at a one-woman tragedy, featuring two women and a guitar. Over the course of the evening, Miriam & Josie fail to grapple with queer identity, platonic realism, the conflicting myths of Agraulos, and what to order for dinner.
- Fridays & Saturdays, May 13-28 @ 7:20pm
- Buntport Theater, 717 Lipan St, Denver
There are no new ideas. There are only new ways of making them felt.
- Queen City Sounds & Art: Live Show Review
- Denverite: Through Pity+Fear, Denver artists use Greek mythology to explore queer identity and the ways our stories change by Maggie Donahue
- Queen City Sounds and Art: Grapefruit Lab Presents Darkly Comedic Tragedy Pity+Fear (a travesty) by Tom Murphy
- KGNU Metro: Interview: Two Miriams talk about Pity+Fear by Miriam Schiff
- KGNU Metro Arts: Interview: Miriam & Veronica talk about Pity+Fear by Veronica Straight-Lingo
- The Westword: Six More Things to Do in Denver Today
Written by Miriam Suzanne, with original music & lyrics by Josselyn Cool (Better Selfs, Teacup Gorilla). Designed & developed with Julie Rada, Kenny Storms, Ben Meyer Reimer, and Erin Rollman. Thanks to Buntport Theater for generously providing us a space to perform.