A project-manager’s reflections on human-centered problem-solving, client communication, and user feedback in agile web development.
The web is more than a technology platform, it was created with a mission statement. Design, code, and process trends also come with attached philosophies – and they aren’t always friendly to the user. We’ll talk about our human-centered approach to product-design, transparent client communication, learning to understand user-feedback, and designing for edge-cases with integrated teams.
- An overview of the philosophy behind the web
- How the medium influences what we make, and how we work
- Understanding “open” and “opinionated” philosophies
- Understanding (and seeking-out) user-feedback, without sacrificing vision
- How we integrate developers and designers in tight feedback cycles
- How we talk to clients about design choices
Thought provoking talk on rethinking who the user is and who we are writing for as developers. Wow! Made me think.
—Nithya Ruff, Leader of Comcast Open Source Office